Pretty Lavish X The Salvation Army
Giving back to the community is important to us at Pretty Lavish, that’s why we’ve partnered with The Salvation Army!
We’ve set up a “take back portal” in partnership with The Salvation Army. Through this we want to encourage charitable giving and reward you, our customers, with a Pretty Lavish discount code when you donate your unwanted clothing to the salvation army. This was a big goal for us in 2022 and we are so excited about this partnership!
Why the Salvation Army?
Partnerships like this are important to us as a fashion brand. An estimated £140 million worth of used clothing goes to waste every year, approximately 350,000 tonnes. People’s used clothing often ends up in landfills which in turn harms the environment. As a brand we want to contribute to tackling this issue by encouraging our customers to donate their used items so they can be handled properly.
All donations are processed by The Salvation Army Trading Company Ltd (SATCoL). As founding signatories of SCAP 2012 and Textiles 2030, SATCoL has contributed to significant reductions in environmental impacts caused by textiles. Reusing clothing is a crucial way to divert significant volumes from disposal and landfill. 98% of the clothing SATCoL receives is reused or recycled.
As the largest textiles collector in the U.K., The Salvation Army repurposes over 50,000 tonnes of second-hand textiles annually, saving over a quarter of a million (>0.25m) tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions entering the atmosphere. SATCoL deliver a message of hope through sustainable efforts and develop strategies to help protect the planet, one donation at a time.
What to donate?
You can donate your clothes, accessories and shoes from any brands. However, it is important to note that your parcel must have a minimum of 6 items.
Please follow the steps below to donate now!
HOW IT WORKS?
Our step by step guide to donating your clothes
1. Click here to begin your donating process.
2. Fill out your information and confirm it all matches.
3. Either print your returns label and put it on your package heading to your nearest drop off point, or download your QR code and scan it at your nearest Collect+ store. Don’t worry this is a free returns, you will not pay anything!
4. Once you have completed this keep your eyes pealed for a special discount code in your inbox and thank you for supporting The Salvation Army!
Please note this is only available to UK customers.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY DONATION?
1. Once your items are received by our processing centre, these generous donations will change lives as the profits received from the resale will be donated to The Salvation Army to continue to fund the vital charity work they do throughout the U.K.
2. Items are distributed to various channels for resale including over 240 retail outlets.
3. Items that are deemed as unwearable are processed through our revolutionary Fibresport system. This innovation enables accurate sorting, grading of non-wearable clothing and textiles by fibre type, blend and colour for recycling back into the circular textiles supply chain.